PERSONAL SAFETY AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (PSSR) – STCW Table A-VI/1-4
To give all persons intending to go to sea the education and training in personal safety and social responsibilities to meet the Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency (KUP) requirements set out in the following:
- Comply with emergency procedures
- Take precautions to prevent pollution of the marine environment
- Observe safe working practices
- Contribute to effective communications on board ship
- Contribute to effective human relationships on board ship
- Understand and take necessary actions to control fatigue
The training must be undertaken before new entrants are assigned to any such shipboard duties.
For more information on our courses and training packages please contact us here.